Ekling Ji Temple|Nagada|Udaipur

Ekling Ji Temple Nagda Udaipur was built in 734 AD by the Bappa Rawal (Prince Kalbhoj) a devout Lord Shiva Upasak and a Yati ( a person with full control over his passions), the eighth ruler of Guhilot Rajput dynasty and founder of Mewar, it was repaired by Maharana Mokal ( assassinated at the age of 24) 46th ruler,  the present main temple was rebuilt in 15th century by Maharana Raimal grand father of Rana Kumbha  from the ruins over the destroyed temple. This place is also known as Kailash Puri .

Main entrance Ekling Ji Temple Nagda , Udaipur Rajasthan

Main entrance Ekling Ji Temple Nagda , Udaipur Rajasthan

There are two silver idol of Lord Ganesh and Kartikey to ward off the evils, after crossing this gate no cameras are allowed, photography is strictly prohibited inside.

The temple is big, magnificent in conception and perfect in making , a fifty feet high Shikhar has a sixty feet circumference at base, the Garbhagriha has four doors in four directions , each gate has a Nandi (the Bull) statue facing the main idol.The South and the western Gates are covered with silver strips. The temple complex is enclosed within high wall of hard rocks and in addition to the main temple there are 108 more temples carved out of marble and sand stone.

Ekling Ji Temple , main gate Silver idol of Lord Ganesha

Ekling Ji Temple , main gate Silver idol of Lord Ganesha

Just before the Sabha mandap in the west direction there is a black stone Nandi and small one made of Ashtdhatu on a raised platform facing the Garbhagriha .on the same platform is the statue of Bappa Rawal with folding hands facing the East looking at the statue of Maharishi Harit engraved at the main entrance of Sabah Mandap. Two big white statues of elephants stand before the main entrance to the Mandap .

The main Shikhar Ekling Ji Temple , Nagda, Udaipur, Rajasthan

The main Shikhar Ekling Ji Temple , Nagda, Udaipur, Rajasthan

A five face black marble Shivaling was established by Maharana Raimal son of Rana Kumbha at the end of 15th century, the West face is of Lord Brahma , East is of Lord Surya, North face is of Lord Vishnu, South face is of Rudra and upward is Shivalinga with a silver snake . Shivlinga is encircled by Goddess Parvati, Lord Ganesha and Lord Kartikay. In the North direction there are two water tanks. The Mewar Ruling family is a Suryavanshi Rajputs therefore above the Western door in the garbhagriha there is a silver image of Lord Surya.

Ekling Ji Image courtesy Wikipedia

Ekling Ji Image courtesy Wikipedia

Another very important Temple only one in the world is Lakulish Temple, within the complex  built in 971 AD. According to Linga Puran and Skandha Puran the Hindu Religious texts, the Lord Shiva worshipers oldest sect Lakulisha is supposed to be the 28th and last avtar (incarnation) of lord Rudra or Shiva who also introduced the Yoga system in the worship .

Bappa Rawal had his religious education from his Guru Sage Harit who meditated in a cave near by, he educated the code of conduct for the ruling families of Mewar to follow which has been the guiding source. The Ruler of Mewar is lord Shiva himself and Maharana of Mewar is the Diwan ( Prime minister) a representative of Ekling Ji. When Maharana is in Udaipur, every Monday night they pay a visit and worship the deity . Only the Maharana of Mewar can perform the Pooja of Shri Ekling ji, the daily puja is performed by the pujaris and receives the blessings on behalf of Mewar Maharana .

For more information contact  +91- 9810506646

Callers from oust side India (+05.30 GMT)  +44 7700093414

Office contact (+05.30) +91 011 45725562, 45725563, 45725564

Email : promark@promarktravels.com

Website : promarktravels.com

Blog : promarktravels.com/blog

 

 

Kumbhalgarh Fort|Rajasthan

No Comments

Kumbhalgarh Fort Rajasthan was built by Rana Kumbha over a hilltop 3600 ft. above the sea level with perimeter walls 36 km in length and frontal walls are fifteen feet thick with seven fortified gates , it is the second longest wall in the world. It is a UNESCO World Heritage Site .

The location of Kumbhalgarh fort had the advantage of its location ,it is enclosed within 13 mountains of Arawalis range the rough hostile landscape. Kumbhalgarh Fort also separated Mewar and Marwar and was often used as a place of refuge by the rulers of Mewar at times of danger. It is said that Rana Kumbha built 32 forts in his life but it is the largest .

 

Main entrance Hanuman Pole (gate) Kumbhalgarh Fort Rajasthan

Main entrance Ram Pol (gate) Kumbhalgarh Fort Rajasthan

The perimeter walls made of ramparts between 3-5 meter in height, enforced by circular structures constructed using rubble and brick masonry using lime mortar, plastered at few places. The characteristic elements of Mewar defensive . access are to the fort are through zigzag  turns walled pathway between the gates, the small side cells,  chambers for guards, the horizontal beams rather than arches are part fortifications .

Small entrance before Ram Pol ( Gate) Kumbhalgarh Fort

Small entrance before Ram Pol ( Gate) Kumbhalgarh Fort

Due to its strategic location, it is considered as the second most important fort after Chittor fort of Rajasthan. Constructed between 1443 AD and 1458 AD  under the supervision of famous architect Mandan. The fort was constructed on the site of an older castle supposed to be of 2nd BC  it was virtually inaccessible in the 15th century Kumbhalgarh fort is on a high hill overlooking the approaches from Ajmer and Marwar. On the completion of this fort Maharana Kumbha issued a coin engraved fort and its name.

 

The Great Wall of Kumbhalgarh 37km. long, 20ft. thick , second longest in the world

The Great Wall of Kumbhalgarh 37km. long, 15 ft. thick , second longest in the world

The walls of fort are broad enough to have space for eight horses can stand side by side

The important buildings within the fort are Badal Mahal, Kumbha Palace, Brahmanical and Jain Temples, water reservoirs, baoris, (step-wells) chhattris etc. Kumbhalgarh Fort is one of the very few forts in history, which never got conquered

 

Kumbhalgarh Fort , Palace on hill

Kumbhalgarh Fort , Palace on hill

Badal Mahal is situated at the highest point , it is a two story structure divided into two portion Zanana Mahal  (Ladies Chamber) and Mardana Mahal ( Mens Chamber) . There are decorative wall paintings all over and Ladies chamber has the stone Jalis to give privacy to the royal ladies but they could watch all the proceedings in the royal court . From Badal Mahal one can have a panoramic view of the countryside from the top, the Temples , gardens, water reservoirs, Baolis and town within the fort .

 

Jain Temple at Kumbhalgarh Fort Rajasthan

Temple at Kumbhalgarh Fort Rajasthan

There are around 360 Jain and Hindu temples within the fort .

 

One of the gate on way to the Palace, Kumbhalgarh Fort Rajasthan

One of the gate on way to the Palace, Kumbhalgarh Fort Rajasthan

The mansion known as Jhalia-ka-Malia or the Palace of Queen Jhali it is believed to be the birth place of Maharana Pratap a great Rajput Warrior.

 

Palace Pavilion where Maharana Pratap was born, Kumbhalgarh fort Rajasthan

Palace Pavilion where Maharana Pratap was born, Kumbhalgarh fort Rajasthan

 

 

Observation Tower , Kumbhalgarh Fort, Rajasthan

Observation Tower , Kumbhalgarh Fort, Rajasthan

The fort as a whole in its cultural values and other attributes such as forms of fortification walls, palace complexes, group of temples devoted to different sects and faiths, water bodies, other structures, material of constructions, its shape and design, traditional values, use and beliefs are still preserved intact .

Fort is open from 0800 hrs till 1800 hrs everyday, it is 45 km from Udaipur, can be done in a day, there is a entry ticket to the fort .

For more information contact  +91 9810506646

Callers from Outside India (+05.30 GMT)  +44 7700093414

Office contact New Delhi (+05.30 GMT) 011 45725562, 45725563, 45725564

Email : promark@promarktravels.com

Website : promarktravels.com

Blog : promarktravels.com/blog

Ranakpur Jain Temple|Rajasthan

Ranakpur Jain Temple is situated at about 95 km from Udaipur on road to  Udaipur – Jodhpur, on the banks of Maghai river,  built in 15th century by a Jain businessman Seth Dharna Shah inspired by Acharaya Soma Sunder Suriji , Rana Khumbha who was the then ruler Mewar helped him by giving land in valley of Mount Madri but also advised him to build a city near it now known as Ranakpur, the chief architect Deepaka with high value for art a vision of Nalinigulma Viman ( Viman of Gods) put the devotion of his patron to a dream come true in the form of a magnificent temple. It is also known as Patariyon Ka Mandir

Ranakpur Jain Temple, Main Entrance

Ranakpur Jain Temple, Main Entrance

it is the largest and most important Jain temple in India. The Dharna Shah died before the completion of work but before his death he installed the idol of Principal deity Lord Rishabhdeva in 1496 Vikram Samvat (1445 AD aprox.)  his brother Ratanshah carried forward the work with limited resources and could not got the final polish of marble done at many places. It took sixty five years to complete.

Ranakpur Jain Temple , Main gate pillars and carvings

Ranakpur Jain Temple , Main gate pillars and carvings

This temple could escape from the invading armies because it was not on the main routes to the battle grounds.

Kechak (Hindu mythological figure) at ceiling above the main entrance

Kechak (Hindu mythological figure) at ceiling above the main entrance

The construction started in 1446 Vikram Samvat (1395 AD aprox.) and completed in 1511 Vikram Samvat ( 1460 AD aprox ) It is a Choumukha Temple ( Four side open) , temple is 60 x 62 meters,  it does not conform to the traditional longitudinal plan as of Indian temples but follows a crisscross one. This plan has four separate entrances, one on each side. Each of these then lead through a series of columned halls to a central arena and the sanctum which has the four faced white marble 6 ft. tall image of Lord Adinath.

Ranakpur Jain Temple carved pillars, crisscross passage

Ranakpur Jain Temple carved pillars, crisscross passage

Ceiling at the entrance of Ranakpur temple is a mythological character Kechak a five body one head human is representation of five evils among the humans are Lust (Kaam), Anger (Krodh), Greed (Lobh), Attachment (Moh) and Conceit ( Ahankaar) are to be left behind while one enters the temple.

The artistically carved nymphs playing the flute in various dance postures at a height of 45 feet are an interesting sight.  Rishabhadev Ji  is surrounded by several other smaller shrines and domes. These are in turn surrounded by a Bhamati or range of cells for images, each of which has a roof of its own.

Ranakpur Jain Temple, Dome with flute playing ladies, stone carved chandelier

Ranakpur Jain Temple, Dome with flute playing ladies, stone carved chandelier

The ceilings of the temples are carved with fine, lace, leaf like motifs, scroll work and geometric patterns. The domes are carved in concentric bands and the brackets connecting the base of the dome with the top are covered with figures of deities.

Ranakpur Jain Temple, 1008 snake hood and the Lord

Ranakpur Jain Temple, 1008 snake hood and the Lord

The peculiar character of this temple is there are 1444 pillars carved in exquisite details, support the temple  and not a single pillar is of same design and they all are erected in a manner that from anywhere one can have the view of Lord’s image.

Ranakpur Jain Temple , Pillar constructed by Rana Kumbha

Ranakpur Jain Temple , Pillar constructed by Rana Kumbha

Kalpvriksha or Kalpataru is a divine tree , originated during the Samundramanthan (Churning of Sea) the Raja Indra of Swarglok (Paradise) planted it in Swarglok , it is a wish fulfilling tree , Jains, Buddhists and Hindus holy literature finds mentions at various places with divine powers.

Ranakpur Jain Temple , Kalpvriksha

Ranakpur Jain Temple , Image carved on stone of Kalpvriksha a divine tree in Hindu mythology

As the sun rays shift through the day the pillars colour change from golden to blueish in the mandap (prayer hall). In the North of temple there are foot prints of Lord Rhishabhdev and a Kalpvriksha tree .

The people who were associated with the construction and daily rituals then 600 years ago, their families are still continuing the job of repairs, and rituals, family of Seth Dharan Shah lives in village Ghanerao. Events related to its construction are recorded on a copper plate inscribed in Sanskrit .

For more information contact + 91 9810506646

Callers from Outside India (+05.30 GMT)  +44 7700093414

Office contact (+05.30 GMT) 011  45725562 , 45725563 , 45725564

Email : promark@promarktravels.com

Blog : promarktravels.com/blog

 

Chitragupta Temple of Love Khajuraho Madhya Pradesh

No Comments

Chitragupta Temple  dedicated to Sun God was built during the 1023 AD by the Chandela Rulers , built near the  three storied Step well Chopra tank which is also a part of this spectacular temple , is the only Sun temple at Khajuraho .

Chitragupt Temple of Love Khajuraho

Chitragupta temple  faces East, and its cell contains a 5-foot-tall image of Surya wearing an Armored Coat and long Boots complete with the chariot and seven horses that carry him across the sky. Surya also appears above the doorway.

Ladies in different poses

The entrance of the temple portrays three  smaller idols of Sun God ,walls decorated with Apsaras in dancing poses, couples in sensuous moments and a impressive images of Lord Vishnu with 11 heads , his own face is in the center and the other heads represent his 10 main incarnations.

love Making Couples

This state which is “like a man and woman in close embrace” is a symbol of moksa, final release or reunion of two principles

Most Famous Love Making Couple of Khajuraho

The vast majority of arts depict various aspects the everyday life, mythical stories as well as symbolic display of various secular and spiritual values important in Sanantan way of Life traditional way  . depictions show women putting on makeup, musicians making music, potters, farmers, and other folks in their daily life during that period  .

For more information and packages Contact + 91 9810506646

Callers from Outside India Call + 44 7700093414

Office contact (+05.30 GMT)  011 45725562, 45725563, 45725564

Email : promark@promarktravels.com

Website : promarktravels.com 

Blog : promarktravels.com/blog 

 

 

 

Sand Dunes of Kanoi Village Jaisalmer Rajasthan

No Comments

Kanoi is in West of Jaisalmer at about 35 Km. This place is now the best location for the virgin Sand dunes away from the noise of main Jaisalmer – Sam Highway . These Sand Dunes were open as new destination for the visitors in the year 2014.

Camel cart and Camels at Kanoi Sand dunes

The villagers of Kanoi are taking care of this area by not letting it littered by self and the tourists , the camel men and the cart men carry a bag with them and collect all the garbage , keep it at one place at the camel boarding point to be disposed off in a proper way .

Camels and Desert Spring Camp Kanoi , Jaisalmer

In the vicinity of Kanoi village there is only one camp called the Desert Spring , staff is well-trained and also training the local villagers about the Eco – friendly daily products , protection of Wild life and Sand Dunes of Kanoi 

 

Sunset at Sand dunes of Kanoi , Jaisalmer

The weather and sand becomes cool as soon as sunsets in the West and  best thing about this place is that there are no man made obstructions which are an eyesore in the natural view. Kalbelia dancers and Mirasis singers are present here to have a private exclusive  performance at a Sand Dune selected by you with your own privacy .

Virgin Sand at Kanoi Sand dunes , Jaisalmer

The only place to stay near Kanoi Sand Dunes is the Desert Spring Camp , it has 11 Royal Tents and 15 Comfort tents with Rajasthani folk dances , Puppet show and Manganiyar singing the Rajasthani folk songs . One can enjoy the Sunset and Sunrise in the desert from here.

 For more information and packages contact + 91 9810506646

Callers from Outside India + 44 7700093414

Email : promark@promarktravels.com

website : kanoi.promarktravels.com

Blog : www.promarktravels.com/blog

Lakshmana Temple of Love Khajuraho Madhya Pradesh

Lakshmana Temple of Love Khajuraho Madhya Pradesh dedicated to Lord Vaikuntha Vishnu,it is a Vaishnava  temple, built by the Chandela King Yashovarman . Inscriptions on a slab excavated here installed in the passage  confirms its construction during 900 AD to 950 AD. It is the first temple in the Eastern Group of Temples The UNESCO World Heritage Site

Laxmana Temple Khajuraho

The Temple is raised in the center of a high rectangular  platform Jagati  with four small temples one on each corner hence called a Panchyatana Plan construction , the temple structure is built consisting of all the elements of a Hindu Temple Architecture , The Lakshman Temple stands like a giant mountain of stone at the center. The East facing temple , the porch has a pretty Toran or stone garland above the entrance leading to  the Mandapa  and then to the assembly area the Maha Mandapa , the main deity is installed in the Garbhagriha , the small area between the Mahamandapa and the Garbhagriha is the Antrayalya  , the devotees seek blessings standing in the Antrayalaya  . Its Shikhara ( the top) is clustered with small Urushringha . The main image Idol of Vaikantha Vishnu in the Garbahgriha  is with four arms and having three  faces , front is of a human , one side is Boar the third incarnation ( the Varaha) and the other side is of a Lion the forth incarnation of the Lord Vishnu ( the Narsinmha ).

Dancing Lord Ganesha , Row of Elephants holding the entire weight of temple on their shoulders , Lakshmana temple Khajuraho

There is an abundance of sculptured masterpieces on its outer walls on the south side  the exterior temple wall is divided into several bands ,  the lowest  is the base of the temple , a row of elephants that peep out of the base as if they are carrying the weight of the stone on their stable shoulders, between the elephants are warriors protecting the temple ,  panel depicts a bearded Fire God( Agni Dev) beneath is the figure of the divine bridegroom walking in procession accompanied by musicians.  It is only here out of all the temples in Khajuraho the Camels are carved. 

Two Camels at Laxmana Temple Khajuraho

On the north side one of the elephant naughtily gazes at a couple making love .

Elephant forgets to crush the person , laughing at couple in love act Lakshmana Temple Khajuraho

 Above the elephants  there are  carved  flowers and leaf motifs, a narrow panel depicting court life and erotic scenes ,  tall base of the temple is decorated with   ornamental niches, with an adorable figure of dancing Lord Ganesh in the first followed by images of the seven principal male deities of the Hindu Gods . There are images of the Dikhpalas placed at and facing the directions that they Protect . Beside the deities are the gorgeous  figures of women, each engaged in some worldly activity before she realizes the presence of the divine surrounding her .

Love making Couple with helpers playing music

 portrayals of women attired in traditional costume, flimsy fine textiles wound around the waist while the torso and arms and neck are adorned only in jewelry. There are ladies applying make-up, taking off their clothes, gazing into a mirror , a seductive woman scrubbing her arched back  an elegant young woman who has lifted up her foot  is being inspected by an attendant carrying a satchel.

For More Information and Packages Contact  +91 9810506646

Callers from Outside India Contact +44 7700093414

Office contact (+05.30 GMT)  011 45725562 , 45725563, 45725564

Email : promark@promarktravels.com

Website : promarktravels.com

Blog : promark@promarktravels.com 

Lord Buddha’s Tallest Monolith Statue|Hyderabad

Lord Buddha’s tallest monolith statue in the world is at Hyderabad India . City of Hyderabad is situated on the banks of Musi river which originates in Anantagiri Hills, about 90 km from here, a tributary of River Krishna. The river divides the city into two parts Hyderabad and Secundrabad.Two dams Himayat Sagar and Osman Sagar were built in 1562 AD Hazrat Hussain Shah Wali built the lake by controlling the water of Musi river during the rule of Ibrahim Quli Qutub Shah, this lake was named Hussain Sagar. It is a man made lake fed by canals from Musi river, spread over an area of aprox. 6 sq. kilometers .

Lord Buddha's Tallest statue monolithic , Hyderabad

Lord Buddha’s Tallest statue monolithic , Hyderabad

Hyderabad was a major Buddhist center in the time of Emperor Ashoka 3rd century BC .

In 1980s the then Chief Minister of state, Mr. N.T. Ramarao, inspired by the statue of Liberty, shared the idea of having a statue of lord Buddha in the lake. A concrete platform was erected in Hussain Sagar lake which is now known as Rock of Gibraltar. Original plan was to have the statue in the center of lake but due to transportation and Engineering hurdles made it difficult .

 

Lord Buddha's Tallest statue monolith stone, Hyderabad

Lord Buddha’s Tallest statue monolith stone, Hyderabad

A rock of white granite was found at Raigiri about 65 km from Hyderabad. A team of sculpturers, under the guidance of Architect S. M. Ganapathi Sthapati,It was designed for over an year, started working in 1985. After five years of hard work an 18 meters tall  and weighing 350 tons a monolithic statue of Lord Buddha was carved and transported on the shores of Hussain Sagar Lake, on 10 March 1990 it was then shifted on a barge. But during transportation, an unfortunate accident happened and the statue fell in the lake, killing 10 people. It took two years of salvage operation, on 03 April 1992 it was pulled out from the lake and on 12 April 1992 is was erected on the lotus shaped pedestal .

A dream came true for many Buddhists when on Monday January 2nd  2006 in the afternoon, His Holiness The Dalai Lama  visited the island and consecrated the statue after performing a 30 minute ritual thus giving it the status of a holy pilgrimage.

For more information contact  +91 9810506646

Overseas callers (05.30 GMT, India) +44 7700093414

Office contact (05.30 GMT, India) 011 45725562 , 45725563 , 45725564

Email : promark@promarktravels.com

Website : promarktravels.com

Blog : promarktravels.com/blog